Posted by Noah Aboussafy on
Because a few of my next posts will be of pictures from Kananaskis Country I thought I’d explain what it is for anyone who doesn’t know.
Kananaskis Country (or K-Country for short) is a collection of protected areas in Alberta southeast of Banff National Park that are generally referred to as if they were one big area. However they are in-reality separate areas with various kinds of protection and development. These areas include:
- Bluerock Wildland Provincial Park
- Bow Valley Provincial Park
- Bow Valley Wildland Provincial Park
- Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park
- Don Getty Wildland Provincial Park
- Elbow-Sheep Wildland Provincial Park
- Evan-Thomas Provincial Recreation Area
- Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
- Plateau Mountain Ecological Reserve
- Sheep River Provincial Park
Some people include other areas inconsistently, including unprotected areas of the improvement district. I however do not, and it’s my blog so there.